Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jay's Cheesesteak

I'm gonna keep this one short.  For a place called Jay's Cheesesteak it's shockingly vegan friendly.  Thank you San Francisco for loving me. While their website is sorely lacking in information on these options, they are there, I promise.  And they're also on Divisadero as well, right next to Herbivore as a matter of fact, why the website doesn't feel like advertising that either is beyond me.  Basically you order their seitan sandwich without mayo or cheese (and why don't you leave off the pickles too, ya nasty!).  It still comes with a ridiculous amount of other condiments, which somehow worked, even with my pizza seitan sammy.  Your seitan options are varied and unexplained, although I didn't ask too many questions either because the man behind the counter seemed unthrilled to be taking my order. So I went with the pizza seitan because it seemed safe, and garlic fries.
Not the best photo ever, sorry.  My hand may have been shaking with anticipation! It was tasty! The garlic fries though.....oh sweet baby jesus! Cooked to perfection, and the garlic was really fine, almost crushed, or paste-like, so that it coated each and every fry.  Soooooooo bomb.  Unfortunately, the side effect was garlic burps for the next 12 hours, which friend #2 in SF did not appreciate.  Especially since he was doing me a favor by letting me come over to get out of my dark, powerless house....oops.
Just looking at the photo is making me hungry again. Nom noms.  Normally I'd include hours and location here, but I gave you a link, and I really was trying to keep this short, so figure it out like a genius. 

PS-Although I naysayed the man behind the counter, he actually ended up being quite nice, and leaned over the partition that keeps the savages out of the kitchen, to make sure that I was enjoying everything (which I wouldn't even expect from a place where you order at a counter and then that person cooks your food)...So suck on that Herbivore.  It's called a checkback, WHAT?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment